A naturally glowing and gorgeous face will add to your joy, this Diwali. So, here we will talk about the pre-festive skincare routine as well as give you makeup advice for the day of celebration.
Festive Season Skincare Routine
By the time of festive season, autumn arrives and cool dry winds start taking a toll on your skin. You can feel dryness on your skin, lips and hair and this is why you would need a lot of moisturizing. Here is all you need to do to provide your skin with all the nourishment it needs.
- Cleanse and Moisturise
Due to so much dust in the environment, your skin needs proper cleansing and toning. However, too much cleansing and toning can also rob your skin off of its essential oil. Go for a thorough cleansing twice a week with a good quality cleanser. Jovees 24k Gold Ultra Radiance Cleanser is suited for all skin types. It cleanses the pores from impurities and the ingredients like Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil do not let the skin go too dry. For moisturizing, go for one that keeps your skin hydrated for a long time such as Jovees Avocado & Chamomile Hydra Intense Moisturiser.
- Avoid Too Much Sun Exposure
Though the environment is now a little on the cold side, you should still stay away from the sun, especially at noon. If you enjoy a bright and sunny weather, soak in the good Vitamin D from the morning sunlight until 10 AM. It is good to wear sunscreen throughout the day; Jovees Sandalwood Protection Day Cream SPF-20 is a great option if you are looking for a good sunscreen that also provides moisturization.
- Avoid Hot Showers and Steam Baths
Thought steam baths would be good to relieve your skin of all the pollution and impurities but they may also leave your skin dry. In this weather, we advise you to avoid hot showers as it would also add to the dryness.
- Nourish Your Lips
The dry weather also makes your skin dry and chapped. Buy a good quality lip balm that keeps your lips hydrated for a long time. Carry the same with you and apply every 3-4 hours or as required. A great lip balm for the festive season would be Jovees Passion Fruit Hydra Lip Care as it has cocoa butter, avocado butter, almond oil along with the hydration of passion fruit.
- Improve Your Diet
Your skin is a mirror of your entire body’s health. If you eat good, you will get a natural glow on your skin. Make sure that you eat ample amount of fruits and green vegetables. Diet rich in Vitamin C is very good for your skin and hair. Do not let the parties and outings disturb your nutrition levels. Eat healthy and glow naturally.
Make Use of At-home Facial Kits
Nowadays, you can find complete makeup kit for the festive season. One such product is Jovees Fairness And Glow Facial Value Kit. Using it, you can remove your summer tan, reduce acne scars, blemishes and dark spots while sitting in the comfort of your own home. With every use, you will notice a fairer complexion and a rejuvenated skin.
Each kit will contain the following items:
- Face Scrub
- Facial Massage Cream
- Clay Pack
- Fairness Cream
This is the complete A to Z pack to get your glow right before the festive season. Start with cleansing and scrubbing and then put a face pack at last to improve your skin tone and glow. Made with completely natural ingredients like liquorice extract, saffron extract and bearberry extract, the product is not likely to have any side effects.
Look Fabulous with the Right Type of Makeup
What is a better time than the festive season to glam up and look gorgeous? You have shopped for the best dresses, shoes and accessories but it will be a complete glam package only when you have a glowing makeup. If you are just a beginner, we are here to help you through your festive season look..
- Makeup Base– Leave out the foundation, if you have a clear and blemish-free skin. Just apply moisturizer and compact powder to start with. If you have to use foundation, go for a color that matches your skin tone. A shade too light will steal the natural look from your face. If you are looking for the right foundation, Jovees Silk Foundation with Vitamin E and Argan Oil is the best choice. It also provides sun protection with SPF 15.
- Eye Makeup– Eyes are the most prominent part of your face and hence they should be given much attention. The makeup on your eyes should make them look bigger and brighter. If you are going out during the day, use eye pencils of lighter shades. Stay subtle, stay glamorous. Use Jovees New Signature Kajal to complete your eye makeup this festive season.
- Lip Color– Lipstick is a must for a festive look. If you are going for a glowy makeup, bronze, wine, copper and dark pink can be great colors. However, if you have a very fair skin, do not go for too bright colors. Softer lipstick shades could do wonders for your festive look. If you don’t want to wear lipstick, tinted lip care range like Jovees Tea Rose Lip Balm would be great.
- Blusher and Highlighter– You can highlight the best parts of your face using a blusher. Highlight your cheekbones, nose and jawline for that perfect look.
You should apply your makeup at least 20 mins before going for the party. Use Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner to set your makeup better on your skin. Diwali parties usually carry on till late at night so you must carry your lipstick, eye pencil and compact in your handbag. Compact powder is a must-have as it helps remove oil and sweat from your face and keeps your makeup fresh. At last, you should also wear a nice perfume that stays for long so that you not only look fresh and glowing but also feel fresh.